Jobs at Lab Zero
Senior Product Manager
Lab Zero, a boutique product development and design consultancy in San Francisco, is looking for a Senior Product Manager to work directly with our high-profile Bay Area clients. From new skills to new products, clients come to Lab Zero to turn their vision for change into reality.
You’ll join a team of experts who are granted the autonomy to make high-impact decisions with a variety of clients, including industry leaders.
This is both a strategic and execution role in which clients will benefit from your hands-on expertise managing the full product development lifecycle. Personal flexibility in work and life is something we protect and we invest in our team members to continue growing and learning.
- Proactively gather information from stakeholders and articulate an informed strategy in ambiguous situations
- Facilitate shared learning: establishing customer-centric research/testing cycles and cross-functional collaboration
- Channel multiple points of view and present focused proposals to drive effective decisions
- Manage the approach definition and prioritization for teams of developers and designers
- Lead agile teams: facilitate daily collaboration with designers and engineers with Scrum, Kanban, etc
- Deliver solutions and measure outcomes--both qualitative and quantitative
- Assess and improve people, process, and product in service of business, customer, and team member value
- Work closely with User Experience Design, Product Development and Quality Engineering Teams to properly definite and plan new features
- Define product technical requirements, including writing clear, detailed, and thorough technical specifications for complex features
About Lab Zero
Lab Zero designs and develops custom software and products that move your business forward. We’re an experienced team of developers, designers, product managers, and leadership coaches. Founded in 2008, we design and build products for clients ranging from early-stage startups to Fortune 10 powerhouses.
Companies choose to work with us because of our collaborative culture, our mastery of modern tools and tactics, and our focus on understanding and serving real user needs.
Why We Need You Now
Lab Zero’s Product Management practice is growing!
Our primary engagement with a client is a full cross-functional team, including product, design, and engineering.
We have new product development opportunities in Cupertino and San Francisco which will benefit from an experienced product leader.
- Experience managing software products through a complete life cycle for at least 5 years
- You’ve delivered two major software products from scratch
- Experience working at either a startup, a small tech firm or an agency
- You’ve tested a software product with customers in the field
- You’re a self starter driven by uncovering and delivering value
- You proactively seek out and fill in the cracks to ensure you deliver the highest value to the customer
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate has deep experience working with business leadership and customers to establish a vision as well as partnering with cross-functional teams to bring effective software solutions to market.
You have a history of successfully evangelizing strategies which meet real customer needs and drive significant business impact.
You’re also known for establishing repeatable product processes and improving team results in the service of value delivery.