Jobs at Lab Zero
Business Development Manager
Lab Zero, a boutique product development and design consultancy in San Francisco, is looking for a Sales Team Member to join our efforts to connect and work with new clients. From new skills to new products, clients come to Lab Zero to turn their vision for change into reality. You’ll be the first member of a team of software product development experts that our new clients talk with.
Support the efforts that lead to good client matches with the Lab Zero team. You’re succeeding in this role when you are having warm conversations with Lab Zero’s target buyers and moving quickly toward closing a deal.
Our team is made up of experts with a high commitment to our craft. A candidate cut from the same cloth is likely to be successful in this role.
Early stage activities:
- Find, open, and grow new accounts by leading prospecting and first-contact activities through contract signing and kick-off of work.
- Build an extensive portfolio of technology-based delivery and transformation work
- Navigate a network of people to initiate conversations with decision makers at target companies
- Able to partner with clients to understand their organizational needs and recommend solutions that add value to their business
- Sell across Lab Zero’s entire portfolio of services – both Product Delivery and Business Agility
- Collaborate with Lab Zero team members to develop a clear understanding of its target customers and their decision making habits.
In the sales cycle:
- Present Lab Zero’s story to potential clients
- Map a new potential customer’s approval process
- Draft Work Statements using Lab Zero’s standards
- Lead meetings and drive toward closing
Throughout the lifecycle:
- Track all activities in our sales systems. Report progress, forecasts to the Lab Zero team
- Report sales progress to the company including forecasts, effectiveness, areas of improvement
- Measure effectiveness of scripts, pitches, case studies, and tactics
- Define standards and create templates to support all sales activities.
- Track objections and prepare responses
- Improve the sales team’s effectiveness by supporting experiments in our sales tactics
Experience and Skills
- BA/BS Degree (or equivalent)
- Minimum 7+ years of work experience
- Experience selling consulting and/or professional services
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Must love “hunting” – be hungry, self-motivated, a driver
- Prior experience with modern software development practices and of software design methodologies (coding experience useful, but not required)
- Prior consultative sales experience - you are able to cut through the “I need an engineer” request to address the real needs at the heart of an opportunity
- Prior experience in management consulting services
- Aptitude for both analyzing technical concepts and translating them into business terms, and for mapping business requirements into technical features
- Able to thrive in an open, collaborative working relationship with teammates and Lab Zero Leadership
About Lab Zero
Lab Zero designs and develops custom software and products that move your business forward. We’re an experienced team of engineers, designers, product managers, and leadership coaches. Founded in 2008, we design and build products for clients ranging from early-stage startups to Fortune 10 powerhouses. Companies choose to work with us because of our collaborative culture, our mastery of modern tools and tactics, and our focus on understanding and serving real user needs.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.