Jobs at Lab Zero
Lead Full-Stack Engineer
Lab Zero, a boutique product development and design consultancy in San Francisco, is looking for a Lead Full-Stack Engineer to work directly with our high-profile Bay Area clients. From new skills to new products, clients come to Lab Zero to turn their vision for change into reality. You’ll join a team of experts who are granted the autonomy to make high-impact decisions with a variety of clients, including industry leaders.
This is both a strategic and execution role in which clients will benefit from your hands-on expertise managing the full product development lifecycle. Personal flexibility in work and life is something we protect and we invest in our team members to continue growing and learning.
About Lab Zero
Lab Zero designs and develops custom software and products that move your business forward. We’re an experienced team of engineers, designers, product managers, and leadership coaches. Founded in 2008, we design and build products for clients ranging from early-stage startups to Fortune 10 powerhouses. Companies choose to work with us because of our collaborative culture, our mastery of modern tools and tactics, and our focus on understanding and serving real user needs.
Our clients seek services from the Lab Zero Team that include:
Some of our recent projects include: implementing a private cloud, custom software design and development, system integration, advisor/leadership roles.
Why We Need You Now
Lab Zero’s Engineering practice is growing! Our primary engagement with a client is a full cross-functional team, including product, design, and engineering. We have new development opportunities in Cupertino and San Francisco which will benefit from an experienced Lead Full-Stack Engineer.
- Full stack web application development, writing features in Ruby/Node.js, React, TypeScript, CSS, and HTML (from the DB to the browser)
- Support the exploration and implementation of performance improvements for the systems we run
- Provide Ruby on Rails/Node.js leadership to the Lab Zero team as well as other engineers on our clients’ teams
- Mentor junior developers
- Work closely with Product and Design to define, refine, and decompose stories in the backlog
- Collaborate on subsequent Lab Zero projects and teams as we finish projects
- Baseline new engagements by building upon lessons learned from prior projects
- Use version control (Git) for versioning application feature or configuration changes
- Tackle complex, Hands-on technical challenges and perform research when dealing with unknowns
- Work with the DevOps team to automate the setup of the jobs in Jenkins (or other CI/CD products) as a self-service to developers and also uplift skills around creating a CI/CD ecosystem
- Perform deep investigations to isolate and solve complex issues for online services
- Provide recommendations for de-risking the design and implementation approach with your team
- Deliver work in 1 week sprints
- Demo work to team members and stakeholders
- Write unit and functional tests to support a healthy CI/CD pipeline
- 3+ years writing tests with Cucumber, RSpec, jest, BDD & TDD best practices
- 5+ years working with Ruby on Rails and/or Node.js applications running in a production environment
- 3+ years working with SQL (MySQL or Postgres)
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 7+ years of developing and coding end-to-end Web applications
- 5+ years working in Lean / Agile development processes (TDD/ATDD, Pairing, Sprints, CI/CD)
- Demonstrated experience in the full software development lifecycle including functional and technical specifications, implementation, QA, deployment, and maintenance
- Experience with both Ruby and Node.js
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with Python
- Experience building and using component libraries
About the Technical Environment
- Openstack, AWS and GCP clouds
- Jenkins and CircleCI
- Jira, PivotalTracker, Trello
- Github on/off premise
- +10k to Millions of active users
- Serving a customer base of Fortune 100 companies
Come in and let's chat.