Jobs at Lab Zero
Senior Front-End Engineer
Are you a master of markup, styles, and interaction? Have you worked with all the latest-greatest view libraries? Have you developed patterns for sharing styles across related web properties? Have you collaborated with designers to help make their designs more feasible? We're looking for smart, engaged developers who can help raise the bar for our projects.
This is both a strategic and execution role in which clients will benefit from your hands-on expertise managing the full product development lifecycle. Personal flexibility in work and life is something we protect and we invest in our team members to continue growing and learning.
- Provide technical direction and execution to our clients and internal teams at our office in downtown San Francisco.
- Ensuring a high quality product is delivered using modern testing techniques and an understanding of the software delivery life cycle.
- Mentor junior front-end engineers.
- Stay abreast of new front-end technologies and make recommendations to the team as appropriate.
About Lab Zero
Lab Zero designs and develops custom software and products that move your business forward. We’re an experienced team of engineers, designers, product managers, and leadership coaches. Founded in 2008, we design and build products for clients ranging from early-stage startups to Fortune 10 powerhouses. Companies choose to work with us because of our collaborative culture, our mastery of modern tools and tactics, and our focus on understanding and serving real user needs.
About the Our Clients
Here are some examples of the sorts of projects our engineers work on:
- Financial platforms where billions of dollars change hands per day
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle inspection of remote structures
- Machine Learning-based risk analysis of power grids
- Web-scale e-commerce sites
Why We Need You Now
Lab Zero’s client list is growing! Our primary engagement with a client is a full cross-functional team, including product, design, and engineering. We have teams in San Francisco and throughout the Bay Area in need of an experienced front-end engineer.
- React, Redux, and ECMAScript 6/2015 (or later)
- Cross-browser responsive styling via CSS-in-JS and Sass
- Semantic HTML5
- Strong understanding of HTTP/S, with a focus on caching and performance
- Analyze frontend performance from the network, code, and render perspectives
- Experience with utility libraries such as jQuery or Lodash
- Designing and consuming GraphQL and REST APIs
- Initial bootstrapping of the project
- Webpack, Babel,, and other build technologies
- Deep understanding of unit testing, mocking, and TDD (Jest, Mocha, Chai, Sinon, etc)
- Integration testing via Cypress, Puppeteer, Cucumber, or other E2E libraries
- TypeScript or other typed supersets a plus
- Familiarity with Git, including branching strategies (gitflow), rebasing, and bisecting.
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 7+ years of developing and coding front-end and middle-tier of Web applications
- Familiarity working in Lean / Agile development processes
- Demonstrated experience in the full software development lifecycle including functional and technical specifications, implementation, QA, deployment, and maintenance
- Contributed to at least 3 single page application development efforts that have gone to production
- Lead one single page application development team