Jobs at Lab Zero
Senior Product Manager
Lab Zero is a boutique product development and design consultancy in San Francisco. We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to work directly with our high-profile Bay Area clients.
You’ll join a team of experts who are granted autonomy to make high-impact decisions with a variety of clients, including industry leaders.
You’re an experienced Product Manager who wants to take your product practice to the next level, delivering value to clients through strategy, execution and coaching across the full product development lifecycle.
You’re inspired by the opportunity to take a flexible, holistic approach to product development. We don’t just deliver software: we ship the “right” product, coach clients on best practices, and nudge culture through actions and influence.
You don’t need to have been a consultant before, but you must be able to excel without a lot of hand-holding. Working independently and being comfortable with ambiguity helps us tackle client challenges that often don’t have a clear path forward.
Lab Zero was founded in 2008 with a mission to turn clients’ visions into reality. Our clients range from the top Bay Area big tech companies to YC startups.
Companies choose to work with us because of our collaborative culture, our mastery of modern tools and tactics, and our focus on understanding and serving real user needs.
We’re a company of experts who support each other in building and doing the right thing. We respect personal flexibility in work and life, and invest in our team members so they continue growing.
Why We Need You Now
Lab Zero’s Product Management practice is growing! We have new opportunities in Cupertino and San Francisco which need an experienced product leader.
As a Product Management consultant your day may include:
- Gathering information from stakeholders to articulate a strategy
- Establishing customer-centric research and testing cycles
- Channeling multiple points of view and presenting focused proposals
- Defining scope and prioritizing the backlog for teams of engineers and designers
- Leading agile teams. Facilitating daily collaboration with designers and engineers with Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Defining outcomes, delivering solutions and measuring impact- both qualitative and quantitative
- Collaborating with User Experience Design and Software Engineers to define and plan new features
- Writing clear, detailed, and thorough specifications for complex features
- Pairing with and coaching clients on best practices
- Exploring ideas on the whiteboard
- Working at the client site in the Bay Area, or the Lab Zero office in San Francisco.
- 5 years of professional, full life cycle, software product management.
- Delivered 2 major software products from scratch to launch as the lead Product Manager
- Comfortable working in an agile environment (ScrumMaster qualification is a plus)
- Have tested a software product with customers in the field
- Collaborate closely with software engineers and designers
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to teach others
- Confident with customer development and sense making tools like journey mapping, Lean Canvas, and customer interview techniques
- Have used qualitative and quantitative methods to inform business decisions
- Confident in your abilities to facilitate workshops/ working sessions
- Bonus: experience working at a software consultancy.